Studying Abroad with EAP

So I've never been one to keep a blog or anything of the sort... but I figured this would probably be as good a reason as any to start.
I have wanted to study abroad for as long as I can remember, so here is where you will get to read about my adventures as I take the leap and study abroad in Lyon, France!
Wish me luck and be sure to keep in touch :) and maybe even leave a comment now and then so I can see who's actually reading this!

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

STAYING FOR THE YEAR

FINALLY. i finally got to sign the papers that make it official that i will be staying in lyon for next semester as well! i was pretty sad two weeks ago when all of our meetings with christine (the director) got canceled due to the greves because that's when i was actually supposed to sign the necessary papers... though i knew it shouldn't be a problem for me to stay the year, i was feeling a little antsy about something possibly coming up. but her office is up and running again, so i stopped by and made it official. SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW :)

when i originally applied last november, i told myself there was almost no chance i was going to stay for the full year (for various reasons of course, all of which have been thrown out the window at this point).. but decided to fill out the necessary paperwork to keep it an option anyways. which was a good thing since i began to consider staying for the full year last spring. debating it all spring and all summer. and being told by nathan and dad that of course i was staying the year, why did i keep telling myself i might only be staying the semester? (i even bought my original return flight ticket for june rather than december). and then, probably only two days after stepping of the plane in france, i knew there was no way i would want to go home at the end of december. i was already in love with this city.

so, i guess california, i'll be seeing you in june :)

2 comments:

  1. Yay!! Just more proof that I have a smart daughter. OK Californians, who else is going to France to visit Ari? If she won't come back soon to us, we will have to go to her! (or at least send her some snail mail)

    ReplyDelete